Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I didn't know it took so much work

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007U78HEC


When I published my ebook  My Darling You (love stories -sort of) I didn't realize it would take so much work to get people to go to the amazon page and most of all purchase a copy. Four months later, I am learning that it takes a lot of work, especially as a new comer, to get noticed. I am now knee deep in using social media, making contacts here and there, writing blog entries, begging sites to list my book etc.  -  all of which takes away time from writing. But that's life. If I succeed, my pocket will be heavier and perhaps, next book, I can hire a service to do some of  this for me.

Most useful have been the writers groups on Linkedin. I have got very solid advice from my groups about what to do to promote my ebook 
ALSO
Here's very useful advice from smashwords for writers wanting to publish an ebook at www.smashwords.com. 


Secrets to Ebook Publishing Success (Smashwords Guides) is also available freee at amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Publishing-Success-Smashwords-ebook/dp/B007P8H80A/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1344939941&sr=1-1&keywords=Secrets+to+Ebook+Publishing 

Check it. It's free and remember you don't need to own a kindle to read ebooks. Check the amazon page for a free app which allows you to read ebooks on your PC

No comments:

Post a Comment